Sunday, January 20, 2013

Apprehensive but excited


Tomorrow I start a three-week practicum at the local library. It's part of the Grad.Dip I'm doing through Curtin.

I hope to be able to blog about it- I have mentioned it to my co-ordinator but not to my host. I hope he's cool with it.

So here I am, 11:00 on a Sunday night, writing a blog when I should be asleep.

Nervous? Probably- it's a big step I'm taking. This probably won't lead to anything- I'm just an intern. But it will show me if I want to be in the field.

Apprehensive? Well, yes- I'm 47.5yo and looking to make a sea-change: MrsG is open to the move, and Jr is young enough not to be overly uprooted. I've been in the public service since 2001 (so that means this entire millennium), which is good for one who never wanted to be a gubbo, let alone doing a practical during Long Service Leave!

Excited? Well, that goes without saying. The Hellmouth has given me all it's going to, so it's time to move on. This period of internship is only so I can pass a unit- whether I go on in the field is determined by how the internship goes.

There are so many options in the field- local, academic, corporate facilities all with various requirements, but the main one is the Grad.Dip I am studying for and for which this internship is part.

Let's see how we go through the coming weeks.


pg
20Jan13

No comments:

Post a Comment