Tuesday, June 10, 2014

All But Gentlemen

Based in Kilmarnock, Scotland, I only know of these guys from a Facebook Games connection to the drummer's late father

So when I was asked to comment on their musical creation I was a little apprehensive. I mean, I have been sent demos and gone to gigs on the basis of knowing someone in the band and not really liked what they had to offer- heck, I was even in that band on TWO occasions!

But when this came through my Facebook feed today I held the same misgivings, despite having already heard their previous track which I reviewed thus:
You know when you learn of a friend's venture into music: you think, hmmm, OK I'll nod and smile and be polite..yeh, not that!
ABG Talk Is Cheap it a nicely crafted and well-polished item from Killmarnoch-based All Bur Gentlemen. Boasting influences like Twin Atlantic, Little Eye, Biffy Clyro, and Jimmy Eat World, this young Scottish four-piece is set to go places. And no, that's not because I know one of themAll But Gentlemen "Talk Is Cheap"- Four Stars
This review was never published because I wanted to get a hold of the EP and write about the whole thing. It still includes the typos, which is how rough the review is!

Anyway, this is the band's first video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFw4FDV4Uw&feature=share

My comments, by way of a spoiler, are

"Get onto and behind these guys now. Such a polished performance for such a young band!"

Do so!!!


peterg
10 Jun 14

No comments:

Post a Comment