Saturday, June 27, 2020

Peter G Gleeson: Author at OriginalRock.net

Early in June I got chatting to a writer for OriginalRock.net and, after I found my own back-catalogue from the late 90s/early 00s, I wrote to Original Rock myself to see if he would be able to use my work.

He sent me a couple of records, I wrote them up, and now I can claim to be an author on that site!

My first review was posted yesterday for the fantastic new album by Remo Drive and I'm just listening on BandCamp to the back-catalogue for the second review, Ten Foot Wizard's forthcoming album "Get Out Of Your Mind".

Back in the 1990s I was writing about music I was sent and gigs I was either invited to or just turned up at, and the only outlet was my Geocities platform. When whomever discontinued that platform pulled that plug I was willing to let that all go by the by as a closed chapter of my life.

Well Amanda Easton, All But Gentlemen, and Glen Colley's various projects all helped me to keep my eye and ear in during the ensuing period, but the guys at Original Rock obviously saw something in both my old stuff and my new stuff and, well, you can see the results for yourself.

I'll maintain my presence here, of course. My next project is already in the making. But my main outlet, under my actual name, will be over at Original Rock! Stay tuned for more Variosities!
PG (Jacky) Gleeson
27/06/2020


No comments:

Post a Comment